So this morning I made the most awesome pancakes! I have always made this same recipe with white flour, but honestly, the whole family agreed, they tasted even better with whole wheat flour!! I triple this recipe for my family (family of four).
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 egg lightly beaten
3/4 cup of milk (I buy skim milk powder and use this for all my baking instead of milk. Not only cheaper, lower fat~yeah!)
2 Tbsp olive oil
Preheat griddle at 325. Sift all dry ingredients together in a big bowl. In a seperate bowl, whisk your egg, milk and oil. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and mix together just enough to moisten the flour(batter should be lumpy).
Serve with 1/2 cup of strawberries and/or blueberries and syrup. ENJOY!!
I ate one pancake, 1-2 med strawberries cut up on top. On the side, I had 1/2 an orange and 1/4 slice of apple. Drank it all down with chai tea ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment