Monday, January 11, 2010

"What's on your mind?"

As a user that asks for you to update your status on a consistent bases, I am perplexed at the statuses that some of my friends, family and contacts are willing to share with the whole world! Before updating your status, there are a few things you should consider. Not that I, by any means, think that I am the perfect example, for there are times where I have brought shame and reproach by just a simple status change. I just think it would be a good practice for everyone to ponder the change before being quick to write down your thoughts.

I mentioned in an earlier post that one thing I didn't like about Twitter was that you are almost vulnerable to write down thoughts that are in your head at that specific moment. The dangers in that are that allot of times we write something down, trying to be funny, witty or just to be heard. Some things being said leave false impressions on the reader of what you are trying to say, what you are meaning and what kind of person you are! Sometimes we say things that are a passing thought and others think that you are consumed with this thought. Othertimes we try to be funny or forward, just to be taken as rude or inconsiderate.

There are some people that constantly complain or whine about their problems. Is that really who you are? What kind of a person are you giving off to all those who are connected to you? These complaining types of people need to recognize that everyone has problems, usually that are alot bigger than theirs! Life is consistently about health, family and financial problems! No one in this world is so protected that they do not have these issues to deal with in their very own immediate lives on a daily basis. The rain falls on the just AND the unjust. I challenge you instead to be more uplifting, to make others feel good or to help the unsaved think about reality

I am not trying to belittle anyone, I just think we all need to take time to think before updating. Take at least an hour or two of what you might say before laying down words that you cannot pick up again. It's good practice to us all in this quick, instant, technical world that we are a part of.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Sis!Dirty laundry needs to be washed before it is hung out for all to see and examine. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome analogy, Mrs Wizzle!!! I love it!! Thanks for your input :)

    ReplyDelete