Friday, January 29, 2010

What Do I know of Holy???

I love this song by Addison Road. Every time I listen and sing the song with my heart I burst out in tears. If you don't know it, please listen and read the lyrics, it's absolutely beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6J5TzSE_18


I feel so inadequate and incompetent at knowing who he really is. This last year seemed one of trying to catch His attention, one of feeling like "where are you, God??" "I thought I figured you out. I knew all the stories about how you were mighty to save. But those were only empty words on a page. Then I caught a glimpse of who you might be. The slightest hint of you, brought me down to my knees. What do I know of you, who spoke me into motion? What do I know of wounds that will heal my shame?" Will I ever get to a place where I fully know and understand you?? I am so thankful for His presence and His love, but who can truly understand His love?? Who loved me, when I cursed His name?? Yet, now I try and make it up and try so hard to try and be pleasing to Him, but I fall so short? But His love is still the same?? Who can understand this?? I am so humbled and in awe of Him. What do I know of Holy?

No comments:

Post a Comment