Today is a day of pondering. There have been quite a few times when the Lord spoke to me directly and His wisdom surpasses all understanding. Once when I was feeling very inadequate in living for Him, I cried out praying that if only I could be perfect like Him, speak like Him and be more like Him, I wouldn't have created a circumstance in my life that caused people I care about, be angry and upset with me. He said, Yes, but I was crucified. It has helped me immensely through the years to accept who I am and realize some people didn't like Jesus either, even though He was spotless. He IS perfection. You're just not going to appease everyone, so be more concerned about pleasing Him, rather than people. Then, sit back and allow Him to work in your life for every moment in life has a time.
Sometimes God will introduce me to wise people that also have some interesting ways of looking at things that can sure help overcome feelings and obstacles that life will throw at us. One such a person, was a woman I worked for. She owned her own business, she had an education, and she was wealthy. Above all, she lived according to the standards of Christ living and had life experiences to help create a realness about her. I loved spending time with her as she always encouraged me to see the bigger picture in life. Sometimes I would get frustrated at the way people I care about handle situations in their lives and I proposed this to her one time. She said to me, "sometimes things aren't the way we see it. What you think is right for a person doesn't necessarily mean it is. We just need to pray for God's guidance for that person." Another time she said, "the older we get, the bigger the picture we can see."
Wow. That woman gave you some awesome quotes and what a thought provoking post!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks again.
cg :)
Thanks Cheryl:) I really appreciate your encouragements:)
ReplyDeleteHey this is really good! Never thought about it in that way; even if you're absolutely perfect, there are still some people that you'll rub the wrong way. Hmmmm... I guess it helps to think that it's useless to try to please everyone, right? Better just to worry about what God and Pastor think!!
ReplyDeleteBro Young says this great quote; I'm not sure who originally said it, but I like it because I'm one of those people who like to get along with everyone and it BUGS me when I can't sometimes... "Those who dont like you still don't, those who don't give a rip haven't changed their mind & those who love you will love you no matter what"
That is a great quote, Janell:) Thanks for your thoughts. I sure miss you and am hoping to see you soon. Love ya xxoo
ReplyDelete