Thursday, June 30, 2011

Food Deceptions~LADIES BEWARE!!

All around me I see women above the age of 25 right thru making food choices that are decieving them and I am compelled to write yet again about the knowledge I have learned. LADIES BEWARE of the food deceptions in society today!! First thing I want to discuss is fruit, yes F-R-U-I-T!!! Fruit IS good for you, but too much is adding those pounds on the body that you don't want!! Only 2 SERVINGS a day!! Canada Food Guide's serving for fruit is 1/2 cup or 1 whole fruit. Fruit smoothies or juices are NOT a good food choice!! They typically have like 70g of carbs in a cup!! YIKES!! Fruit in general is high in carbs, but made dried or in juices, they are out of this world!! Stick to water to drink and have 1/2 cup of berries and/or a piece of fruit. Trust me, you'll be glad you did!

The next food choice that I see women thinking are good food choices are nuts and trail mixes. It is true that nuts have great oils in them for the blood and are a source of protein, they are still extremely high in fat! Carbs and fat are the two biggest contributors in keeping those extra pounds on us. Canada Food Guide says only 10 almonds and only 1/4 cup nuts/seeds is a serving for your 1 of your 2 recommended a day meat servings. Basically sprinkling them on a salad is probably the best way to make sure you don't overdue your recommended serving. Eating them as a snack is not a wise choice. You might as well eat a bag of chocolate chips!

I am happy to report that recognizing these mistakes in my own life has helped me to maintain a much healthier weight. I am still trying to stick to 50g of carbs per 3 balanced meals. If you fall off the wagon some days, which I have, just jump back on and keep working at it! You owe it to yourself, your family and to God to keep yourself healthy and fit! Don't forget that you are the temple of God, your body should be looked after and cared for!

No comments:

Post a Comment