Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Millionaire Mentality




Dwain and I have been really interested in money and how you can make it work for you. Just thought I'd let you in on some ideas that I find really great and helpful! The books I have read are written by none other than Richard Paul Evans (who, if you don't already know is my fav male author!) and we also listened to Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. Richard Paul Evans wrote 5 Lessons a Millionaire Taught Me and also the same title, but a book specifically for women. They are all really great in helping people think like a millionaire! Not that I am consumed with money, but I think they are great reads for everyone to read or listen too. Even if your goal, like mine, is not to be a millionaire, but would just like to understand money and feel more on top rather than feel at the bottom of our money all the time!




What is interesting to note is that both authors and some of my wealthy friends all emphasize paying tithes! I have recognized in my own life that if you keep the kingdom of God first, all things will be added. It is a really great feeling to know that I have done that and then it is so easy to have the faith that God WILL provide. He will put you in the midst of sales, specials and miracles, if you just keep Him first! In Rich Dad, Poor Dad, he said that if he notices having financial troubles, he starts giving more! Richard Paul Evans said that when things start getting tight, he goes over his tithes to make sure he hasn't jipped God even a cent! I also really liked and have also realized through life is that millionaires realize that money does not equal happiness. You need to have that mentality in order for you to reach your economic goals. Robert Kiyosaki wrote that you are not wealthy until your assets start bringing in enough money to live on. The poor buy liabilities, the rich buy assets. Interesting concept.




A millionaire I met once told me that if you cannot look after $1.00, you have no business trying to look after a million. It also reminds me of the bible story, where God gave one man 10 talents, to another 5 and to another 1. The first two bought assets to double their money and God was pleased, but to the last one, he hid his talent. God was not pleased with the third man.




Having an understanding of what money is and how you can make it work for you is just one of my goals. I never had any training or schooling on how to manage money and everything I've learned has been through trial and error and through God's Word. However, reading these materials gave me a new outlook and can help change lives! These books I have mentioned will help give you more of an insight to this need in all of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment